Maybe the time has come to invest in a juicer and though there are many opinions about the benefits of juicing, personal results vary. On one side, some medical professionals have advised adding fresh foods, and plant based high water content foods daily. Many agree, adding juices can be a healthy and beneficial habit. On the other side, some scientists have not concluded whether juicing provides direct health benefits. It is best to do independent research and find the facts independently, but definitely consult your family’s medical practitioner.
There is plenty of evidence to support the fact that consuming a primarily plant based diet helps diminish symptoms related to high cholesterol, obesity and other degenerative diseases and there are many people who have included a healthy habit of juicing and have experienced some life altering results. So, it comes down to these 8 commonly experienced advantages that keep people juicing or adding juice to a daily or weekly diet.
1. Juicing makes nutrients more readily available. During the growing process, plants assimilate the nutrients before they get consumed making many of the nutrients more available for absorption in the digestive track. Try juicing fruits and vegetables that are organic and that have been washed completely.
2. Juicing can be an effective way to distribute essential nutrients without putting any added stress on the digestive system from processed foods. Try replacing processed foods once a day or once a week to get the advantages of juicing.
3. Juicing is a great way to overcome any dislike for eating raw, whole fruits and vegetables. For some, combining vegetables by juicing them can make consuming them more enjoyable. Try different recipes starting with common ingredients and slowly incorporating more complex flavors or nutrition.
4. Juicing allows for menu creativity. Combining local and seasonal foods can make juices very nutritious and delicious. Visit your local farmers market or health food store to see what is in season. Mix and match ingredients and recipes to plan weekly menus around local, seasonal flavors. Try keeping seasonal veggies together when juicing, it will pack a nutritional punch.
5. Juices made fresh and consumed immediately contain essential enzymes that processed or pasteurized juices do not. Many agree that fresh is best. It’s just not always convenient. Try to create a habit of consuming fresh juice products that keep the essential enzymes alive long enough to benefit the body’s systems.
6. Juicing at home can be more economically feasible and safer than buying juice. Pre-packaged juices go through many processes that risk oxidation and contamination and can be expensive as a daily or weekly habit. Juicing at home can be less expensive and ensures quality control, so keeping appliances and surfaces clean is essential.
7. Juicing adds versatility to a daily menu. It is normal to desire a variety of flavors and nutrients so eating the same thing each day can not only be boring, but can cause some mineral deficiencies in some people. Try a variety of recipes and ingredients that suit your nutritional needs and taste preference.
8. Juicing organic, non-gmo fruits and vegetables can contain fewer chemicals and pathogens than conventionally grown fruits and vegetables. Reducing the intake of additional hidden GMO’s and unknown chemicals by juicing local and organic produce can be very advantageous.
So, there are the 8 basic advantages of juicing. It’s not only a way to increase the daily nutritional intake of vitamins, minerals and enzymes, it’s also a way to save a little money, and add variety without GMO’s and pesticides.